Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7
any one else having problems with there internet connections since installing the lastest update from Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
can't say that I am.

Try repairing permissions to try to solve this problem.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have installed the 10.4.5 update on my Mac Mini, iMac G5 iSight and iBook G4 and all work fine on the Internet. No other problems either that I have seen.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
on to my next problem.

i am connected to the internet through the ethernet, but i also have my wireless turned on to share files with a windows based pc throu a linksys router, so far i can connect to the wireless but thats it a cant get my files to show up either on the mac or the windows machine,

before this update i had this all working fine.

can anyone help me ?

thanks

K

Kokopelli

How are you sharing files and from which computer? i.e. a windows share on the Mac?

And how did you connect to the share before? The more information you provide the more likely we will be able to help.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i was sharing files through wireless as i have 2 internet connections the bt one has all my window pc's on it and the cable one my mac.

all i did was turn windows sharing on the mac and file sharing on with my 4 window pc's,

like i say above i had this working and i could tranfer files between the mac and all my other pc's untill i installed the lastest update

now my network wont work and my ntl 10meg cable connection's max download speed is 30kbs, and i know its something to do with the mac as if i stick the connection in my laptop and download from the same ftp i get 500kbs.

something is very wrong

any help?

bythe way am new to mac's this is my firt mac (2 months)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
forgot to say that i use to click on HD then network then a list of my windows machines would show up after a few sec's now all thats in there is library and servers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.