AirPort Extreme Won't Work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 24"; iMac G4 Flat Screen 15"; MacBook Black 13" 2.16 GHz
I have just purchased the new AirPort Extreme, to replace an older generation Extreme model, which I had wanted to take to another house. However, the new Extreme does not work and certainly is nowhere near as easy to set up as Apple makes it out to be in its advertising. AirPort Utility has been completely unable to set up the new Extreme and I have had to reinstall the older model to have wi-fi capability. I've gone through the entire process with AirPort Utility to no avail. I have the two models sitting beside each other on a shelf. The older model shows a green light. When I move the cable connections to the new Extreme and plug it in, and go through the AirPort Utility set up, all I get is the blinking amber light. When I reinstall the cables on the old model, the green light comes on instantly. This is very frustrating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Take it back and get a refund.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.