iPhoto help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Select the individual photos and then drag and drop into the Album. If you want the same photo in different Albums then you'll have to drag it into those separate Albums. To select more than one photo at a time, click and hold down the mouse button and drag over the ones that you want, or hold down the Cmd key and click the ones that you want.

pbd

Reaction score
I was puzzled about this myself quite recently so did some searching on the Internet. When I drag and drop from iPhoto into a folder it seems to remove it from the former, which is OK if that is what the user wants. However, if you want to keep a copy in iPhoto, the way that I found to do it is to highlight the picture within iPhoto, go to File > Reveal in Finder > Original. You can then right click and copy and paste into your chosen folder. Mind you, that is a lot of work for hundreds of photographs.

C

chas_m

And completely opposite to the way you should be using iPhoto. Charlie's answer was the right one, but I'll clarify that for non-continuous selecting (in any app, not just iPhoto), you hold the command key while selecting your choices with the mouse. Once all the ones you want are selected, you can drag one into the album and all the selected ones will come along with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Who's this Charlie feller?

C

chas_m

Doh! Sorry, MG!

I think perhaps the thread is suffering from terminology abuse. I wonder if the OP is referring to iPhoto albums, or if he/she means folders outside of iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With the mention of Albums, I took it to be iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.