Aperture Time machine

Reaction score
I used Time Machine for backup. It does not allow me to open Aperture within the time machine. Nothing happens.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Opening the application is not exactly what Time Machine is designed to do. It simply allows you to replace apps/files that have been deleted. What exactly are you trying to do?

OP
R
Reaction score
Slydude, Thanks for responding. I had trouble getting back in.
I can bring up time machine and then go into any file to view it. They open easily except for Aperture. I go into the Finder and click on time machine. Nothing happens. I can't get to any pictures. The only thing that comes up is the information of how many GB are in Aperture so I know they are there.
I need to make sure I have access to Aperture on time machine
I also need to delete pictures as my computer is full and I need more space. I realize that they will also be deleted from time machine so I backed them up on another My Book Drive. The main reason for doing this is my Mac Book hard drive (320GB) is full.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I don't do a whole lot with Aperture but here's what I think will get the library restored.
1. Aperture's Mail Library file is located in the Pictures folder inside your User folder. Navigate there.
2. Go to the Dock and open Time Machine.
3. Time Machine should open in the same location as the Aperture Library. If it doesn't navigate to the library file.
4. Select the library file and click Restore.

OP
R
Reaction score
When I got to Restore in the Library File it did not highlight so when I clicked it nothing happened.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.