Problems with Google Chrome

Reaction score
Some problems have been happening with my Facebook account recently, that I'm not sure what the problem is or how I can fix it.

In chat, when I click on a picture, the picture flashes on screen then disappears. Also, when I'm browsing through a photo album, and I click on the next picture, the next picture appears on screen for about 2 seconds, then it continues onto the picture after that, meaning I can't do anything on the next picture.

More recently, I tried adding the details to a question on Facebook help centre, and when I clicked that my question is new, the add details box appeared for 2 seconds, then the area went white so I couldn't add anything. To fix this as a temporary fix, I went onto a different computer, which I can't always do.

A similar issue is happening also on Google with the search tools button. The bar with the search tools flashes down when I click the button, and straight back up so I can't change the search options.

I am running Google Chrome (all updated), on a Macbook Pro running Mac OSX 10.6.8 (also all updated. I have tried clearing the cache, resetting Chrome, and rebooting my computer. None of these have worked, so I have no idea what to try next. Any suggestions are appreciated.

As a new update, it seems that this problem is only happening on Chrome, however I can't change to a different browser since I use Google products a lot, and I use a lot of Chrome plugins that other browsers don't have.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you try unloading some of those plug ins to see if perhaps one of them is causing the problems you're having? Also, you should try switching to Safari temporarily to make sure the problem is with Chrome and not hardware related.

Be advised that you're three operating systems behind. You didn't mention what year and model MacBook Pro you have, but most except the very older ones can run Mavericks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.