• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I've been playing around with Sense 6 on my HTC One (M7)... Looks very iOS7-ish to me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
Same minimalist typography, same flat/pastel colour scheme, same kinds of animations. It's only really the icons that remain more glossy & more like a refined version of Samsung's TouchWiz icons than iOS7's style.

Anyone else who owns or has seen an HTC phone running the latest iteration of their custom launcher concur?

(Don't get me wrong, I still really like this phone & it's certainly not a problem for me that it looks a bit more iPhone-like; it just seems a little disappointingly unimaginative on HTC's part...)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
(Don't get me wrong, I still really like this phone & it's certainly not a problem for me that it looks a bit more iPhone-like; it just seems a little disappointingly unimaginative on HTC's part...)

Ummmm.... don't the words derivative and unimaginative pretty much sum up Android phones in a nutshell?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ummmm.... don't the words derivative and unimaginative pretty much sum up Android phones in a nutshell?

Haha, your opening a can of worms I thunk Chris :))

OP
Ctrl-Opt-Del
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
Samsung phones - Android or otherwise - yes. Everything they make seems to be 50% trying to copy the more superficial & technically unimportant parts of Apple design, 50% deliberately doing the opposite of what Apple does when it comes to the more practically important stuff (so as to try to allay any accusations of copying). 100% cheap & mediocre, but with a premium pricetag.

With regards to other Android devices (& the OS itself), as TattooedMac said:
Haha, your opening a can of worms I thunk Chris :))
I could give my opinion of the comparative merits of Android & iOS, but that seems unnecessary at this juncture (I will say this, I'm an OS agnostic & can barely tell the difference between them for the most part).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.