• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

new guy needs help

R

richEmac

hi people, i need some help please
i am trying to transfer all my Data from one mac to another, i need all my iTunes and iPhoto data to transfer but its only transfered application not the data.

i'm also having bother getting on line with my new Mac as its asking for my DHCP Client ID which i think is ntli.net but still wont work

any advise? i'm lame :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
don't know why it is not connecting to the network, but to transfer your itunes and iphoto library's you have to copy over where those files are stored nto the application, so you will have to copy your pictures foler and your music folder aswell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Well you could use a fire wire cable - connect to one mac and the other and then haypressto.... i think you restart one of the macs and hold down command F. Correct me if im wrong someone.

OP
R

richEmac

yeh i've got the fire wire connected but doesnt seem to bring any old mac data up. i'm confused :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
hold down t when starting up to use target disk mode.. you can also go to system prefferences, start up disk and click on restart in target disk mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.