Linksys EA6900

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"; 3.5Ghz i7; 3TB Fusion Drive; GTX780M; 8Gig RAM
Looking at the Linksys EA6900, but see some mixed reviews. Anyone here using it? What are your thoughts?

Though a bit spendy, I might be willing to dig up the clams to buy the new Linksys WRT1900AC if the EA6900 has a bad wrap.

Thoughts?

Questions?

Suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
FJRSPORT
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"; 3.5Ghz i7; 3TB Fusion Drive; GTX780M; 8Gig RAM
Well anything at all you check on the 'net be prepared for negative posts. Positive posts simply never occur. After being a Linsky's fan for years have given them away and gone to a TP-Link set up to 5GHz band and much more steady and a little faster. Here is one positive report on the 1900AC:-

Hands on: Linksys WRT1900AC - Technology - NZ Herald News

Thanks for the insight, and the link.

I actually left TP-Link because of continual drops and went with a Linksys 2600 (802.11n) several years ago. My only complaint is the lack of range. But that's to be expected due to being in a large 3 story house with 2 Laptops, 2 PC's, 4 iPhones, 2 smart DVD players and an X-box...oh, and an iPad, that all access Netflix frequently. ;-)

Figure it's time to move up to the 802.11AC, since it's becoming more common now, and the 2600 is about maxed out.

It's good to hear that TP-Link may be back in the running. I'll take a closer look at them.

Thanks
Rick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.