Installing multiple Disks on iMac

Reaction score
So I bootcamp with windows 8. I am trying to install an old game that has 3 disks. When install disk one the installer takes over the entire screen. When I am prompted to install disk 2 I have no way to eject disk one. I am using a wired keyboard with the numb pad if that makes a difference.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What you need to do is combine all three disks on one DVD if possible so that you do not have to swap disks during the installation. Otherwise on a Mac there is no way to eject the disk and swap it during an install session. That's why when you install Windows via Boot Camp you must have a full install version either on disk or USB.

OP
Z
Reaction score
What you need to do is combine all three disks on one DVD if possible so that you do not have to swap disks during the installation. Otherwise on a Mac there is no way to eject the disk and swap it during an install session. That's why when you install Windows via Boot Camp you must have a full install version either on disk or USB.

I uploaded VMWare Fusion and had a Bootcamp window open on Mac desktop. Worked perfectly.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Nice workaround...

Is it an Apple keyboard and did they stop putting an eject key on them - above the delete key?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Yes, it is the Mac Keyboard. The Eject button is there but it would reboot windows for some reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.