Extracting Audio to MP3

R

RyoGeo

A buddy of mine has a concert DVD from which he would like to extract the audio in order to listen to it on his iPod. Not for file sharing or anything untoward, but just to take the DVD he purchased and owns and stick the audio on the iPod.

Is there a way to do that without Pro level apps? He has a G5 iMac with the suite of software that was available just before the iLife '06 batch was released.

Since I have been dabbling in video editing on my iMac, he keeps asking me about the audio stuff, but I am a bit of a Mac n00b at this point. I haven't worked on one since the Apple II days.

BTW, I read the rules for the Forum and I know this may fall into a bit of a gray area, so if this is an innappropriate post, I apologize. It is not my intent to start a thread about stealing copyrighted material.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think if you extract the dvd to a mp4 file (with handbrake) you could use FFMPegX to then extract only the audio.

(Both are free, available at versiontracker.com.)

OP
M

macaudiodj

Aptminich, is right, thats how I would do it. And by the way, good luck getting started with audio/video, if you have any questions, or need help with something, send me a message.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.