Bootcamp! please help

Reaction score
Iv recently started a course where i need to run windows 7. I was advised to download bootcamp and then install the windows dvdd/software.

My spec for my mac are -

i mac
24" early 2009
Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

iv found out that i need to use 4, downloaded it but when reading the install directions it says insert the windows dvd. so do i actually need a windows dvd?

i presumed it would be a matter of downloading and installing and 'jobs a goo dun'.

any help or advice is very much appreciated.

cheers in advance, vinnie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, you don't need to "download" Boot Camp since it's already provided in Applications, Utilities as "Boot Camp Assistant.app". The Boot Camp you downloaded are the drivers, not the utility. And yes, in order to install Windows with the Boot Camp Assistant you need a legal full install copy of Windows. You can purchase a Windows 7 full install OEM System Builder's DVD from Amazon for around $95.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.