How to Print a Contact Sheet Using Mavericks Only?

Reaction score
iPhoto is not included with Mavericks.

I need a way to print 27 thumbnail images in a folder on a contact sheet. Any ideas using plain Mavericks as it stands?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should have iPhoto from a previous version of OS X if you upgraded to Mavericks, and if you purchased a new Mac with Mavericks pre-installed, iPhoto is a free download from Apple.

C

chas_m

Load the images into iPhoto, select the photos, press command-p for print and choose the contact sheet as your option. You can save it to PDF from there if you'd like to make multiple copies or share digitally.

OP
T
Reaction score
You should have iPhoto from a previous version of OS X if you upgraded to Mavericks, and if you purchased a new Mac with Mavericks pre-installed, iPhoto is a free download from Apple.

I performed a clean install of Mavericks in case I didn't like it, by splitting the partition and running it in tandem with Snow Leopard to compare. Didn't realise I would lose iPhoto. iPhoto now costs £10.49 here in the UK -- that's $18.

Is there any alternative way of printing a contact sheet? With Windows it was easy to highlight all and print. But with my HP C8180 all-in-one printer, doing this just prints each image separately. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can download the free Picasa for the Mac from here. That will restore iPhoto like functions which should include printing contact sheets.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.