Time Capsule - Accessing files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9 GHz i7, 8GB Ram - All around Apple products junkie that is new to OSX
I have a 2TB Time Capsule (2011 model) I purchased thinking it could be used as a regular network drive but apparently it only performs back up operations.. Does anyone know a way around this or at least, how I access the external hard drives attached to it. Thanks!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The Time Capsule cane used as a network drive. I've used one that way for a long time. Assume for a moment that your sidebar shows the Time Capsule. Double clicking it should open it just like any other hard drive. If you have set a password you will be asked for the password unless you have stored it in the keychain.

You might find this article helpful. It talks about the Airport Extreme but the same thing applies to the Time Capsule.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9 GHz i7, 8GB Ram - All around Apple products junkie that is new to OSX
The Time Capsule cane used as a network drive. I've used one that way for a long time. Assume for a moment that your sidebar shows the Time Capsule. Double clicking it should open it just like any other hard drive. If you have set a password you will be asked for the password unless you have stored it in the keychain.

You might find this article helpful. It talks about the Airport Extreme but the same thing applies to the Time Capsule.
Thank you so much Slydude!! I will look into it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.