email - Configuring a mac.com address on a Samsung phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
My wife has has a mac.com address for a very long time, which has always worked so far. Still works on the iMac. Connection to her mac.com address has stopped working about a week ago on her Samsung mobile phone provided by a network (SFR, of France). Today, the SFR phone network salesman told my wife that Apple is rumoured to have tweaked its servers to prevent connexion from Samsung phones. Is this believable? Did anyone here know about this? About a cure? About an alternate method of solving the issue?

TIA

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Today, the SFR phone network salesman told my wife that Apple is rumoured to have tweaked its servers to prevent connexion from Samsung phones. Is this believable? Did anyone here know about this? About a cure? About an alternate method of solving the issue?

Like most other wild rumors, that one has no basis or fact to substantiate it. If her email address of mac.com is still working on the iMac, it should work on the Samsung cell phone. Something may have changed on the phone or with the way Samsung interfaces with email. I would go direct to Samsung support (not a salesman) and ask for help. It may be something simple where she may have to re-configure the email app on the phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.