wordperfect error message

M

mvriley

I am a new mac user after many years as a pc user. I purchased wordperfect version 3.5 for mac and installed it on my g4 notebook. When classic attempts to open the installed software, I receive an error message stating: "wordperfect and the language resource must be in the same location" and then the software does not open. However, after trying some alternatives, I found that I can open the software as long as the installation disk is in the bay and I access wordperfect directly from the disk. I called mac support and the tech I talked to has never heard of that error message. Corel no longer supports wordperfect for mac and could not help either. Does anyone have any thoughts on what may be going on? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would suggest making an image of the install disk and keeping that on the HD. That way you can mount that whenever you use the app, rather than actually inserting the disk.

A more practical alternative would be to just use TextEdit, which is in your Applications folder and runs natively without the need for any media.
The version of WordPerfect you are using is really no more advanced than TextEdit, and it is quite dated.
There are also several freeware word processing apps that would give you even more flexibility than WordPerfect or TextEdit combined.

OP
B

Badger

Run the installer again and choose custom install. You can install just the language resources into the WP folder. You can also look around on the installer disk and drag the language folder into WP folder on the hard disk. As noted above WP is seriously dated (1997) and you might want to look for an alternative.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.