Time machine

Reaction score
How to use time machine and will it restore my mg 8220 canon printer which has some how become unrecognized by my computer using OS X 10.9.2.
My computer says the printer is off line, but it is attached by a USB cord.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello - are you currently using Time Machine (TM) and why do you feel a need for restoration of a printer that is currently not working w/ your computer? Please provide some more information: 1) What is the model/year of your computer; 2) Did this problem start after an OS and/or other software update; and 3) What have you done to try to correct the situation?

Just some 'starter' suggestions - power recycle the printer (pull the plug, wait a little while, and replug) and test - goto System Preferences > Printers & Scanners (delete the printer & reinstall) - visit the Canon Website for suggestions, e.g. firmware upgrades, troubleshooting steps, etc. Good luck and I'm sure others will 'jump in' to help - doubt that you really need to use TM @ the moment before trying more 'printer specific' steps. Dave :)

OP
B
Reaction score
canon MG 8220 wireless printer not being on line

I am using a Mac lap top Model 1260, 2008. My problem started after and os upgrade. I have tried rebooting both my canon MG8220 and my laptop as well as the router. I was curious if restoring would get the printer back on line.I have tried deleting my computer from the systems window, but this did not help. Then I had trouble getting the computer to accept the printer. I am not very knowledgeable with computers, and since getting my Mac I have not had much trouble. I am trying to set it up wirelessly.
Thanks
Bob Morgan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Did you run a software update on the Mac with the printer connected via USB and turned on?
if so it should have gathered the updated drivers.
Have you tried re-plugging the printer in USB while printer is on and Mac is on?

OP
B
Reaction score
Printer

Thanks it is now printing. I went to the Canon web site you suggested and it solved my problem.
Thanks again
Bob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.