iPhone Restore: Messages, App Data & Call History?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently encountered a problem with my contacts on iPhone 4. After a hard reset, all the contacts disappeared. They came back after awhile but all of the contact photos are messed up. I'm contemplating an iTunes restore but the last time I synced this phone with the computer was about 2 months ago.

I would like to know what would happen to my texts, app data (Whatsapp messages, notepad app & Shazam history among others) and call history? Will they all be reset to 2 months ago?
Photos and music I'm not so concerned as I can export my photos prior to the restore.
Thanks in advance!

-Nicholas

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would like to know what would happen to my texts, app data (Whatsapp messages, notepad app & Shazam history among others) and call history? Will they all be reset to 2 months ago?

If you do a reset, you will lose everything that was not backed up. So yes, if the last time you backed up was two months ago, then that's what will be restored. That's the price we pay when not backing up regularly. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.