Removing Personalization from Aluminum

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've searched the internet and called Apple about this but have not found an answer. I have been given a new iPad mini which a friend won as an award. It has been "personalized" by Apple with the corporate logo. I am trying to find out how to remove that branding without damaging the aluminum. I don't want to use an abrasive, so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do it. Can you help me?

Thanks so much for whatever you can offer!

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello Adam - welcome to the forum! :) If the logo is a 'sticker' then likely removable but if etched in some fashion into the metal, I doubt that it is removable w/o damage; but just curious about what Apple told you - I suspect if you reached the 'right' contact, their advice is probably the final word? In the meantime, you like want a cover and most are opaque, so why not just cover up the logo? Dave

Reaction score
If it's a sticker then go get you some GooGone from Wallyworld or even your drugstore.
Read the instructions.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If his friend won the iPad as an award then it's likely he was, is, an Apple employee. The corporate logo is probably branded or etched in the aluminum. Apple does the same thing when you order a device from them and have it personalized. Live with it. ;)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If it's engraved, the only way you're going to get rid of it is by replacing that part of the case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.