Connectivity issue on Amtrak

Reaction score
I honestly could not think of a better place to post this (discuss.amtraktrains.com, maybe?), but I've been having occasional connectivity issues on my MacBook Air when I take the Amtrak. Typically, an AmtrakConnect window would pop up asking me if I accept the terms of service, and then let me on. But I've had several occasions (including the last two), where that window doesn't pop up and AmtrakConnect is not listed among the available networks. Any possible theories behind why? I initially thought it only happened when I opened my laptop before the train departs Chicago's terminal, but I've since encountered it on other occasions as well.

Thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Possibly because the Amtrak network is down?

OP
F
Reaction score
I should have clarified - this happens while other people are working on their laptops (presumably with internet access).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.