Best buy problem

Reaction score
I don't know why but for some reason when I use the forget password on their site it won't send me anything. I've used Safari, Chrome and Firefox on all 3 computers I have. I've called them so many times I'm sick of hearing their ****. I even tried it on my phone because it has Internet Explorer and Chrome on it. Both didn't work. Their credit card section of their website logs me in no problem. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reset your password. I can't think of a website that doesn't allow you to reset a password. Either for security reasons (change password occasionally)...or if a password is forgotten.

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Reset your password. I can't think of a website that doesn't allow you to reset a password. Either for security reasons (change password occasionally)...or if a password is forgotten.

- Nick

I said that in my first message. I've tried the forgot password and it never makes it to my email. I've been through every possible scenarios there is.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
We have no idea what is going on, thus can only make suggestions...

If you're repeatedly forgetting your password, have to suggest you get a password manager such as 1Password or other.

Would suggest you log into your email service online and check the junk mail box to see if it's landing there.

Setting up a username/password for the BB credit card site does not create the same account for the BB retail site. You have to set up another account there.
If you've not created an account on the BB retail site - using the username/password for their CC site is not going to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 5K, ElCapitan 10.11.3, Airport Extr, 15" MacBook Pro, Mavericks, 10.9.3, iPad 3, iPhone 6S
They have changed their Rewards program to My BestBuy. In the transition, I think they lost our logins and passwords. I called their tech support and they emailed me a new password, then I could log in and change it. It is difficult to get through to their support folks, but that is probably the only way you can get a new password and see your old Rewards account. Mine had points that I don't want to lose.

They are struggling with competing with on-line vendors, such as Amazon. Now they match prices which makes them more competitive. Many would shop there, then go home and order from Amazon or ? to get the better price.

My concern is that they don't update their website often enough. I made a special trip to a store ten miles away (passing up two other BestBuys) to pick up an open-box AirPort Extreme 11.ac. Web site said that store had two in stock. I got there just after they opened and they were both gone. I had to purchase a new one at full price. Could have bought it at the BestBuy down the street.

They also seem to favor Microsoft and Samsung computers with Apple being sideline, based on the displays in their stores recently.

OP
B
Reaction score
I said that in my first message. I've tried the forgot password and it never makes it to my email. I've been through every possible scenarios there is.

The company is Best Buy and just tried the, forget the password thing and guess what, nothing in my email.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

I don't know if English is your first language...but what was written in the original post didn't really make that clear. Sorry I probably misunderstood.

If you're having e-mail issues with the reset password option. Maybe calling Best Buy customer service via phone will help.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
I had to go to the store and spent 25 minutes with an associate. Didn't work and I demanded to see a manager. He really didin't want to spend the time with me so I threatened to return about $1800 worth of purchases. He tried to tell me that I couldn't and I threatened to report them to the Better Business Beureau and the state. You should have seen the difference in his attitude when I threatened a bait and switch lawsuit. The total "rewards points" that I had accumulated was a whopping $5 prior to getting this straightened out. Significantly more after.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 5K, ElCapitan 10.11.3, Airport Extr, 15" MacBook Pro, Mavericks, 10.9.3, iPad 3, iPhone 6S
You could have done the same thing by calling their support phone number and in much less time and frustration got a new password and had your points all combined. I've found it best to call them in off peak time and then you can usually get in. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.