External IR Receiver for Apple Remote???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Are there any retina display macbook pro compatible external Apple remote IR receiver (USB?) available? Any input is well appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Take a look at the Targus range.

If you want to use the official Apple remote then try a separate IR receiver like Twisted Melon's Manta TR1 Apple Remote & Mira USB IR Receivers - Manta Remote Hardware from Twisted Melon

You could also use the integral bluetooth in conjunction with a bluetooth remote presenter (Targus again)....or maybe you would like to use your iOS device with the Apple Remote App installed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nice find. I was a bit disappointed when I tried to use my Apple remote on my new 2013 27" iMac only to find out the feature was not available. The Mira IR receiver looks like a great option (if you have a spare USB port). Price is right too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Nice find. I was a bit disappointed when I tried to use my Apple remote on my new 2013 27" iMac only to find out the feature was not available. The Mira IR receiver looks like a great option (if you have a spare USB port). Price is right too.

Thank you. I too was disappointed yesterday when my daughter's new MBP Retina 13" came out of the box without IR which is why I went looking for a solution!

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the great tip!!! I ordered the apple remote in conjunction with my new macbook pro on apple store.. it was quite frustrating to find out the IR receiver had already been removed since the first retina display mbp. Thanks again for the great tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.