• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Gamer's Dream iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Hmm...makes me wonder why Im going to buy a intel mac this summer...

OP
M

MPW

Reaction score
All I can say is ... Why?

Yeah, games aren’t the thing Macs do best. I was looking at is as a video editing Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
MPW said:
1: How reliably is macosrumors.com ?
2: Will this have the ability to edit HD?

1. It is as reliable as any other unsubstantiated claim or conjecture can be. It is merely what the site is named, a rumor, not a fact. Interpret it as you like.

2. And again, since any article or claim on that site is nothing more than a rumor, no one person can answer that any better than the next person can. Your guess is just as good as anyone else's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Ha, they'll have to make a 23" iMac to handle all the heat from that thing. Dual GPUs with 256mb ram each and a dual core 2.8ghz processor should be enough to keep your room toasty in the winter too :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
And the PowerMac G5 isn't?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
to_tough_to_die said:
And the PowerMac G5 isn't?

powermac g5 is watercooled with alot of fans and is in a tower where there is more space for it the breath.
the imac will get hot with all that stuff in the small space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
PowerBookG4 said:
powermac g5 is watercooled with alot of fans and is in a tower where there is more space for it the breath.
the imac will get hot with all that stuff in the small space.

Actually, my point was not to the post above mine (maybe I should've hit "Quote"), but I meant as to the "gamer's dream".

I know it would be kind of hard to give up the slots, but you could easily beef up a PowerMac with a lot more than anything you could even cram inside of a 30" iMac (ok, maybe not, but you get my point).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.