Printer help

Reaction score
We have several mac devices (laptops, iMac etc) and we are looking for advice on what printer to buy. Laser vs inkjet? We need a scanner, color printer with wireless capabilities. Advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello & welcome to the forum! :)

Of course, you really need to provide much more information about your needs: 1) What Mac devices are you talking about?; 2) Do you want a printer to communicate w/ all, and if so cabled, Wi-Fi or both - my guess is cabled to a computer but needing Wi-Fi?; and 3) Do you need color (assume so from from your last sentence). Plus, there are many other considerations - e.g. how much output is needed, what paper size options do you want, etc.

My first response is that a multi-function inkjet printer w/ a scanner would fill your needs - current ones have built in Wi-Fi options (and so many other features) - I'll just stop there until you supply us w/ more information. Dave :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you need color, you don't want a color laser printer unless you're prepared to pay $$ for the consumables. An average color toner cartridge (color lasers use 4) will cost around $90 each to replace. While you will get considerably more copies from a laser, it's just not worth it unless you're running a business of some sort.

Color Inkjet all in one wireless printers to consider which are Mac friendly: HP, Epson, and Brother. I can no longer recommend Canon as they are difficult to setup for wireless, and are just generally constructed poorly in my opinion.

Consumables are always a consideration when buying a printer, so shop around and find out the costs on replacement cartridges.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.