Problem with Razer Kraken 7.1

Reaction score
I understand that probably nobody here will be able to help me with this problem but I will put here anyways just in case someone has been through this before and knows what to do.

I recently got a Razer Kraken 7.1, which is a 7.1 gaming headset, and it works just great. using it on both windows and mac cannot get any better. But when I try playing videos or movies or whatever on a media player on mac other than quicktime, this is where everything starts to go down hill.

The sound doesn't work. I have to set the audio to play from the built in speakers in the imac for the sound to play right. If I try playing it from the Razer Kraken then it doesn't work. I found a way to get it to work which is to keep rewinding or fast forwarding the video, check if it works. if it doesn't then i have to do it again and again and again. I have to try this like 20 times before I get it to work.

Now this is not a solution at all. and I understand the problem is probably from the razer kraken since other headsets work fine. but hopefully i will find someone here that can help me out or give me something that may be a solution

OP
S
Reaction score
The problem kind of fixed itself. I'm not sure how it happened but it did. All good now. And sorry for posting this in the wrong section.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.