Time Machine starting point problems

Reaction score
Hello, I know this has been addressed but... My MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard and using Time Capsule with 7.6.4 firmware on the original 2T model, is constantly backing up my whole hard drive. I did have to reset it due to the need for a new router for a test, and then back again to the original router. When plugged back in it does give me the green like and is recognized. 400+ gig is a lot of waiting. Thanks kindly in advance. It used to work perfect before the reset. Perhaps I ticked something? Any suggestions would be warmly received.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Are you saying that this will be the first full backup of your computer on the Time Capsule ( or other external disk ) ?
Once Time Machine has a full backup of your computer it will do only backups of files that have changed.
Are you running Virtual Machines on your OS X ?
If you open the ConsoleLog , and search for ' backups ' ( without the quotes ) what do the entries tell you ?

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.