Running Vista on a MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
First, there's a very particular reason I want to do this: for years, there's a game I've wanted to play Supreme Commander. It was released in 2007 and is available on Steam. I bought it on Steam hoping to run it via Wine, but there are huge glitches. I don't have the cash for a totally new computer, so I figure my best option is to get Windows running on my Mac.

My computer is a MacBook Pro, 2.66GHz, with an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM, running OSX 10.6.8.

I am looking to run Vista as I gather it'll be cheaper than the newer Windows, and because I want to play a game released in 2007, which has Vista as its ideal Windows version. The recommended specs include "Windows Vista, 1GB of RAM, 3GHz MB video RAM, DirectX 9 Vertex Shader/Pixel Shader 2.0 support [Nvidia 6800 or better).

So, I have 3 questions:

1) IF I get Vista going on my Mac, will I be able to play this game?

2) How can I get Vista running? I gather I need to partition my computer. Is this difficult for a layperson? Any guides would be greatly appreciated.

3) How much will Vista cost me? I am happy to purchase it legally, but I'd like to avoid paying $200 or something for the program.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.