Bootcamp is missing

Reaction score
Hey, I just downloaded os mavericks and decided to go into windows using bootcamp. I restarted my mac and held down the option key. It showed my macintosh hard drive and my recovery hard drive but not my bootcamp. Do y'all know what happened to it? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Installing Mavericks should not have disturbed your Boot Camp partition. Try resetting the NVRAM on your machine and try again. See the following Apple KB article: LINK

Also, it's a good idea whenever installing a new version of OS X that you backup everything first including your Windows Boot Camp installation.

OP
S
Reaction score
Installing Mavericks should not have disturbed your Boot Camp partition. Try resetting the NVRAM on your machine and try again. See the following Apple KB article: LINK

Also, it's a good idea whenever installing a new version of OS X that you backup everything first including your Windows Boot Camp installation.

It still isn't showing up. Could updating from bootcamp 4 to bootcamp 5 made it go away? I checked on the bootcamp assistant and it says that my disk is still partitioned.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It still isn't showing up. Could updating from bootcamp 4 to bootcamp 5 made it go away? I checked on the bootcamp assistant and it says that my disk is still partitioned.

No, that wouldn't have done it either. Which version of Windows did you install using Boot Camp? I suspect that somehow the Windows boot sector was damaged although that should not have happened. We may be able to repair it without reinstalling Windows and that's why we need to know which version of Windows you installed.

OP
S
Reaction score
No, that wouldn't have done it either. Which version of Windows did you install using Boot Camp? I suspect that somehow the Windows boot sector was damaged although that should not have happened. We may be able to repair it without reinstalling Windows and that's why we need to know which version of Windows you installed.

I had windows 7 on it. I never had any problems with it before.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can try repairing Windows 7 by using your original Windows 7 DVD. Here are some instructions provided: LINK

Be real careful that you don't accidentally "repair" OS X or overwrite your Mavericks installation. You should make a backup first of Mavericks before attempting any repairs on Windows 7. I recommend using either Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper to make a clone of Mavericks first.

OP
S
Reaction score
You can try repairing Windows 7 by using your original Windows 7 DVD. Here are some instructions provided: LINK

Be real careful that you don't accidentally "repair" OS X or overwrite your Mavericks installation. You should make a backup first of Mavericks before attempting any repairs on Windows 7. I recommend using either Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper to make a clone of Mavericks first.
Okay, thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.