Objective C compiler on windows 7 x64

Reaction score
Hello, i have a windows 7 x64 laptop.
I want to be able to run a similer compiler like xcode and ios sdk on windows 7 x64.

I really want to develope in windows using objective c with a decent iphone os simulator.
I do not wish to execute mac os x in virtual box environment then execute some compiler like xcode which i can do but is very bugging because it often freezes and crashes. There are also lots of bugs assosiated by installing mac in virtual box and then running xcode or a closer objective c compiler under mac os.
I need to either emulatr xcode BY ITSELF without using mac or just use xcode somehow in windows.
Is there a emulator like cross over i can use in windows to emulate mac os x software just like in mac there is a emu for windows software like crossover or wine/wine HQ

Thank alot.
Raghav.

OP
R
Reaction score
Tell me an objective c compiler like editrocket from google.com for the windows 7 x64 OS.

That edit rocket compiler supports objective c but it doesnt have a ios simulator which i really need to test my apps. So if you can, please tell me the two things seperately. So a compiler and a seperate app to emulate the ios.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Its just not going to be done. Would can write your Obj-C code in any Code Editor like NotePad++ BUT you will still need to come into OS X and Xcode to run it on the iOS Simulator and then put them on the App Store. I can't think of anything that can be run on Windows for iOS Developing.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply. I am just wondering, if you know of this IDE: editrocket. just google it.
It has objective c api and its referance as well.
You may open a project for objective c in it, but im not sure about ios simulator to test the apps in it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You need to use a Mac for iOS development. End of story!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
You can use Delphi on Windows...which will still need a Mac for the process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
For what it is worth running Mac OS X on a Windows PC is a no-no here.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Flex, PhoneGap, Xamarin and more exist to do iOS development on Windows. ;)

Trust you ;P Shows how cross platform i am . . . .

EDIT : but they are don't use Obj-C ;) and looking at them Xamarin looks like the best way to go, using C#

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Trust you ;P Shows how cross platform i am . . . .
Learn the cross platform tools my good man!

EDIT : but they are don't use Obj-C ;)
You make it sound as if that's a bad thing (I shudder at the thought of using C based languages but that is admittedly a personal preference. I'm also aware of how powerful C based languages can be).

and looking at them Xamarin looks like the best way to go, using C#
It sure could be. I use Flex myself for two simple reasons - I got Flash Develop for free as a student and it compiles both Android and iOS applications from the same code base with the click of a button. Actionscript is also fairly friendly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
Learn the cross platform tools my good man!
You make it sound as if that's a bad thing (I shudder at the thought of using C based languages but that is admittedly a personal preference. I'm also aware of how powerful C based languages can be).

You need to try some C on microprocessors like Arm...seriously powerful, properly drool-worthy. Fortunately compilers have become so good (and processors powerful), not often necessary to write assembler as was common in the past. Compilers do cost a pretty penny though (~$3500 for decent one).

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh I know it's powerful but I can't do the ruthless syntax and specificity of the language. I also find the language difficult to work with. 'Tis admittedly a personal choice (not to mention that the stuff I focus on now, web and mobile, have nice non-C based frameworks).

OP
R
Reaction score
hey thanks. dont worry i have found the editrocket documentation for windows using objective c. Ill have a goood lookk at it.
cya :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.