Question about Email with ios 7 and Ipad Air

Reaction score
Hi folks

So I bought a I pad Air yesterday upgrading from my Ipad 1 and have a question about email.

So my Ipad 1 was running IOS 5 as I wasn't able to upgrade to ios 6 and wasn't sure if the email display feature was in that update.

Here's my problem with ios 7 all my 8,000 emails display now.

I've looked under settings and can't see anywhere to allow 50 emails to display or 100 like in IOS 5. Did apple remove this feature? or how can I activate it.

Is there anyway so I don't have all my emails being displayed?

thanks for your time and help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
........So I bought a I pad Air yesterday upgrading from my Ipad 1 and have a question about email.

So my Ipad 1 was running IOS 5 as I wasn't able to upgrade to ios 6 and wasn't sure if the email display feature was in that update............

Hello & welcome to the Mac Forums! :)

Please provide some further information: 1) What email service(s) are you using on the iPad Air (e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)? and 2) For that service(s), what is your incoming email protocol, i.e. POP3 or IMAP - should help others provide more specific suggestions - good luck! Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Possibly they have been archived, check your email server.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.