Slicing my layout?

Reaction score
Hey everyone...

I have a bit of a layout made in photoshop... nothing special....

I only have Creative Suite.... so I will be using GoLive CS1 not dreamweaver.

Can anyone explain how do I .... well.... I dunno,...... turn it into a site.

Im not use to working with photoshop etc.... just HTML and XML and some PHP so im a bit lost.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Shane

Reaction score
iRock said:
Hey everyone...

I have a bit of a layout made in photoshop... nothing special....

I only have Creative Suite.... so I will be using GoLive CS1 not dreamweaver.

Can anyone explain how do I .... well.... I dunno,...... turn it into a site.

Im not use to working with photoshop etc.... just HTML and XML and some PHP so im a bit lost.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Shane

Hi, you can get very good help on video and on text at the adobe.com website. If not I can explain the process:
a) design the website
b) plan it out, and before you slice it with inside photoshop make sure you know where each section of the page is suppose to go (banner, menu etc...)
c) once you have an idea in your head, use the slicing tool to slice the website into different sections that you can fit into frames in golive. after everything is cut out, and everything is how you want it (you can adjust the slices anyway you like).
d) go to "save for web". It will bring you to another window where you optimize the graphics and some other things. Save it.
e) open GoLive and create a table, and in each cell place a section of the website that you already cut out from photoshop. Make sure that the table has no borders (0) and no cell padding.

If this is your first time it will be somewhat strange and sometimes your table will jump in different directions if you cut something 1 pixel short or wide. I strongly suggest that you go and look at the training videos for Creative Suite on the adobe website.

GL

OP
I
Reaction score
Hi, thankyou for the reply!

Adobe.com seems to be a great resource... but I have found that it only covers cs2 now?

Maybe im wrong?

Ill give what you said a go anyway!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Its all basicly the same stuff... There was little difference in CS and CS2. From what I have noticed anyways.

Reaction score
Yea basically the training videos that cover CS2 are practically the same for CS.

OP
I
Reaction score
Oh cool, I didnt know that.

Thanks alot.

I tried what you said.... was a help to teach me the basics.

cheers

Shane

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.