Playlist Subfolder iPhone

Reaction score
Hey All

I've done multiple seraches for this and I find I am still not clear if you can in fact have playlist subfolders on your iPhone. Some people seem say they can do it on their Ipod's, but I find there is more questions out there about the iPhone than answers.

In ITunes I can do this, but when I sync that with my iPhone it seems to combine the subfolders into one giant playlist. Is there anyway to maintain the original subfolders.

Just for example. I like to have multiple "work out" place lists, depending on my mood and what I am doing. I'd like to combine multiple workout playlists under one larger workout folder.

Or

I like to have the full album of a particular artists, but I also like to have playlists of just that band's greatest hits if you will. So on iTunes I have a "Greatest Hits" folder, with a U2, Fleetwood Mac etc.

Anyway I can do this? If so how? I am using a iPhone 4S if it matters.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There's no way to have sub-folder playlists. Just make each one a playlist in it's own right

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.