iphoto library

Reaction score
hello, my computer crashed and I have no back up. I have appx 5,000 photos on my photo library on my phone is there any way to retrieve them? I appreciate all the help thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

This is a tough one... I'm assuming you were not using Apple's "Photo Stream" and since you have no backup of your data, you may have to rely on a third party application to get the photos back to your Mac or PC.

What you don't want to do..... Do not sync your phone to your new Mac or PC as that may wipe all the photos from the phone.

As I stated above you may be able to use a third party application that can copy your photos back to a Mac or PC. Most will copy music and videos but I'm less certain about the photos. Anyway, I suggest doing a Google search to see if you can find an application that will work.

M

MacInWin

Image Capture may let you copy the images from your iPhone to your Mac. It's in the Applications folder. Connect the phone by USB cable and start Image Capture. Any images you can download from the iPhone will appear in Image Capture. That's assuming you've at least got a Mac that runs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
hello, my computer crashed and I have no back up. I have appx 5,000 photos on my photo library on my phone is there any way to retrieve them? I appreciate all the help thanks.

Hi - sorry for your problem - the Apotop Wi-Reader has been discussed in the iPad Forums in several threads and I've had the device on my want list for several months - $84 on Amazon (a few reviews also HERE) - might want to check their website to see if a manual can be downloaded - I've not used the product but seems to be able to transfer files wirelessly and put them on attached storage cards - good luck and let us know your results! Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 2.30.41 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.