MBP 6.2 to VGA

Reaction score
I just bought a Moshi mini display port to VGA adapter on eBay, only to find out the mini display port are slightly different. I have 2 27" Asus monitors I'd like to use with my MBP as my PC Toshiba laptop recently had its Windows Vista crash and rendered useless. The mini display port shape is slightly off, the MBP has an opening that allows the Moshi adapter to fit IF it had a bar in the center of both rows of pins. I cannot find the adapter I need that is slightly a different shape than the adapter I bought. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MBP 6.2, i5, 2.53 GHz
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
OS X - 10.6.8
FireWire 800MB/Sec

Moshi Mini DisplatPort to VGA Adapter
VGA female/MiniDP male
This looks like what I have, except it won't show me the shape of the adapter. Don't want to buy a second one that doesn't fit,

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I just bought a Moshi mini display port to VGA adapter on eBay, only to find out the mini display port are slightly different. I have 2 27" Asus monitors I'd like to use with my MBP as my PC Toshiba laptop recently had its Windows Vista crash and rendered useless. The mini display port shape is slightly off, the MBP has an opening that allows the Moshi adapter to fit IF it had a bar in the center of both rows of pins.

Are you absolutely positive you purchased a mini-displayport to VGA adapter?

Your MacBook Pro 6,2 does have a mini-display port video-out port...so that would be the adapter you need. But if what you have does not fit...it could be a mini-DVI adapter...which does have a very similar shape...but would no fit.

FYI...if it were me...I would not be using a VGA adapter to connect to those monitors. Depending on what video ports the monitors have...you would be much better off using DVI or HDMI ports.

This is what a mini-DVI adapter looks like (below). If this is what you have...then it's the wrong adapter:

Kobushi-mini-dvi.jpg

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Here's a mini-displayport (left) and mini-DVI (right) comparison photo:

Free-Shipping-4-pcs-lot-Mini-Displayport-DP-to-DVI-Adapter-For-MacBok-New-Wholesale.jpg

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.