PDA

View Full Version : AllThingsD Reports Apple iPad Event Oct 22nd

MYmacROX
10-08-2013, 08:28 PM
I hope this is true.

Apple Will Hold Fall iPad Event on October 22 - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD (http://allthingsd.com/20131008/apple-will-hold-fall-ipad-event-on-october-22/?mod=atdtweet)

chscag
10-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Sounds reasonable to me. Everything he said in the article has been talked about since earlier this year. A new iPad with a faster processor and better cellular capability is something Apple has been working on.

MasterShake
10-09-2013, 12:38 AM
I can't wait for this event. I will be getting the ipad 5 as my first ever ipad. Might go for the space grey model.

TattooedMac
10-09-2013, 02:05 AM
This i have been waiting for. Now my decision is do i go for the reported thinner/lighter iPad 5 or stay with my iPad Mini and hope they have a Retina display in it ?? This is going to be hard.

Now who is going to buy a Mac Pro ?/ And will Apple throw out a 4K Monitor to go with it ?? And Mavericks as well. Im hoping Mavericks is announced and everyone is caught up in it so i have time to get the Ship in 1-3 Days on my iPad/iPad Mini hehe

CebuCity
10-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Mini with TouchID and retina

chas_m
10-13-2013, 04:06 AM
I somehow doubt the mini will get Touch ID. I think they'll save that for the full-size iPad. Of course I could be wrong. I'm also not too sure about the Retina for the mini either -- the lack of Retina hasn't hurt sales of the mini one little bit.

Of the two possibilities, I'd say the Retina screen is more likely than Touch ID for the next iPad mini. They want to keep the price down on that.

danny842003
10-13-2013, 06:57 AM
I think it has to get retina this time. Its the thing that it is missing and probably the one thing putting people (me) off buying one yet.

dtravis7
10-13-2013, 07:39 AM
The event is true according to every source I have checked. On the Retina Mini, I have heard that is a for sure. We will soon know! :D

Also I am quite sure 10.9 Mavericks will be released at that event also. It fits with the Gold Master that has been out a week or so.

XJ-linux
10-15-2013, 11:30 AM
I was just about to buy a refurb ATV for my basement TV. I think I'll wait a week and see if they toss out anything new (hardware) for ATV at the event. Ya never know...

TattooedMac
10-15-2013, 10:32 PM
5 more :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping:

dwhygienist
10-16-2013, 09:10 AM
I've been snoozing a bit. This10.9 Mavericks, is that an update for mountain lion?
I am waiting on the iPad announcement- going to upgrade my first gen iPad( I have a buyer for it) . We are planning a trip to Delaware Nov 2nd so if the new iPad is released I will get it then( no state taxes)- Just trying to decide between 32 or 64 gig- i the year since I got my (used) iPad I do more with it and there are several apps I can't update anymore and others I can't even install because of 5.0

dtravis7
10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Do you consider Windows 8 an upgrade to Windows 7 or a new OS? Mountain Lion to Mavericks will be like Vista to Windows 7 or W7 to W8.

I did some searching last night and rumor now has it that for sure Mavericks will be announced the 22nd and released either that day or 3 days or so after the 22nd. I hope it comes out the 22nd! :D

TattooedMac
10-17-2013, 11:22 AM
4 more :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping:

Have a read of this interesting article, there is some valid things that you could conspire over lol Apple iPad event Oct 22nd confirmed: iPad mini 2 and iPad 5 expected - SlashGear (http://www.slashgear.com/apple-ipad-event-oct-22nd-confirmed-ipad-mini-2-and-ipad-5-expected-15301476/)

After reading ^^^ Im really hoping with my Retina iPad Mini and when they give us the Mavericks Details, that they also say they are going to do something with Aperture. Its been nearly 4 yrs now since it went from 2 to 3 and i want a Aperture 4. It was just over 2 years from 1 to 2, was exactly 2 yrs from 2-3, and nearly 4 years on this version. Its time they upped the Anti and give us Aperture 4 because its starting to look old.
Anyways here is to hoping and i can hope/wish cant I ??

Hmmm might even get a iPad 5 if its the same Bezel and thinness of the iPad Mini, and the biggest reason i never wanted one, was because of the weight and found it impractical to hold comfortably to read, so spec to spec come the 22nd and i might be looking at a $600+ toy not a $400+ toy . . . . . Why oh why do they make it so hard . . . . . Arrggghh ;P

Stretch
10-17-2013, 01:16 PM
After reading ^^^ Im really hoping with my Retina iPad Mini and when they give us the Mavericks Details, that they also say they are going to do something with Aperture. Its been nearly 4 yrs now since it went from 2 to 3 and i want a Aperture 4. It was just over 2 years from 1 to 2, was exactly 2 yrs from 2-3, and nearly 4 years on this version. Its time they upped the Anti and give us Aperture 4 because its starting to look old.
Anyways here is to hoping and i can hope/wish cant I ??

Sounds like it's time to upgrade to Lightroom. ;) Its one of the few usable and affordable Adobe products. I much prefer it over Aperture.

TattooedMac
10-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Sounds like it's time to upgrade to Lightroom. ;) Its one of the few usable and affordable Adobe products. I much prefer it over Aperture.

Yea i have had others over in my Photography Thread to try LR so i have downloaded it. Im afraid after investing over $200 in Aperture that im going to like it and want to change over :(

But i will try it, then at least i can give a true encounter and say NO or YES because i have tried it. But Honestly Aperture does need a Upgrade.

chscag
10-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Aperture Vs. Lightroom: Which Is Right for You? (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423036,00.asp)

Have a read Brent, it's a good article.

TattooedMac
10-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Aperture Vs. Lightroom: Which Is Right for You? (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423036,00.asp)

Have a read Brent, it's a good article.

Thanks Charlie . . .

dbm
10-19-2013, 09:15 AM
So if the new iPad is announced on the 22nd, what is the likely street date?

TattooedMac
10-19-2013, 09:10 PM
So if the new iPad is announced on the 22nd, what is the likely street date?

I think it will be like the iPhone,in shop in 7-14 days, but you will be able to order it online as soon as the Keynote is done and done, with the first batch to be shipped in 2-4 days, and then as stocks diminish it will shoot up to 2 weeks pretty quick i reckon, being so close to the Christmas Holidays, so if you want one, order ASAP or go into the Store when Tim tells you too :)

dwhygienist
10-19-2013, 10:38 PM
I plan on ordering my new iPad as soon as you can pre-order and pick it up at the apple store( no tax in Delaware) I am still mulling over 32 or 64 gig since as I find the more I use it the more uses i do with it and must anticipate app sizes and maybe some pictures?I want this device to last 4-5 years. i just invested in a mobile wifi. Gard! is my first gen so slow compared to the 2nd gen model at the Best Buy store. a thinner, lighter 9.7 iPad has really piqued my interest. i hope they will be available Nov 2nd since that is my first Saturday off after the Oct announcement . Not sure if i want a "gold case if available now that the gold iPhone is referred to as the Kardashian phone- silver tone sounds nice- I had no love for the white and Hubby has Black(space grey?)

dbm
10-21-2013, 10:55 AM
I think it will be like the iPhone,in shop in 7-14 days, but you will be able to order it online as soon as the Keynote is done and done, with the first batch to be shipped in 2-4 days, and then as stocks diminish it will shoot up to 2 weeks pretty quick i reckon, being so close to the Christmas Holidays, so if you want one, order ASAP or go into the Store when Tim tells you too :)

Hmm. I will be in San Jose for 12 days around then. Might be able to pick one up State-side then. :D