• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problems burning dvds

E

ejok32

I followed all your instructions on the copying DVDs tutorial, DVD backup, DVD2ONEx using the film only option and burned it using toast. The DVD seemed to play fine for about 3/4 of the movie then it starts skipping or freezing or something. And this happens on all the DVDs i burn. The blank DVDs i have are pretty cheap, I bought 50 of them off ebay, could that be the problem or am I doing something wrong? Also do i need underwrite protection on? and what angle and region should I be using? Thanks for your help, Im trying to not have to throw away anymore disks if im screwing something up =)

ps I own all the disks im trying to copy

OP
E

ejok32

one more thing

I have only been playing the first part of the movie to get the region code, should I be letting it play through the whole movie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
You don't need to play the whole movie through for the region code.

You should have buffer underrun protection on, that "might" even fix your problem.

sKaD

OP
M

McGyver

Does this DVD2oneX really work or would i be just waisting my money?
every time i've tried the trial version it fails to work properly, ie it wont play in either my mac or my dvd player.

OP
P

PosterGirl

A good one

McGyver said:
Does this DVD2oneX really work or would i be just waisting my money?
every time i've tried the trial version it fails to work properly, ie it wont play in either my mac or my dvd player.

Have you tried dvd x copy software? I have used it to copy many movies and have had no problems so far. I use the DVDXCopy Platinum. One place to buy is dvdxware.com (outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
That isn't available for Mac.

sKaD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.