Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What do you think (first impressions) of the full version vs. what you have been using?

- Nick

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do you think (first impressions) of the full version vs. what you have been using?

- Nick

I think, "What have I got myself into?!!" :p

Seriously, I knew going in (which is why I was on the fence so long) that Photoshop meant a huge time investment. But, one of my goals in retirement is to learn to do the things a powerful package like this can do.
In Arkansas you can attend public university at no cost after age 60, and the local colleges offer Photoshop and Digital Graphics classes. Without that option I would have stayed with PSE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I might add this once my 3 months CC for all the Apps is over, but in the article, they stipultae that is "Only a introductory offer" so what does that mean ?? And what do you pay after the offer expires.

Being in CC is good with bridges to Behance and Kuler for all your works, update are a many, but unless your a Enterprise and you can right off $50+/Month as a Tax right off, this just isn't aimed at the hobbyist or amateur :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In Arkansas you can attend public university at no cost after age 60, and the local colleges offer Photoshop and Digital Graphics classes.

That's great Mike. They do the same here at several of our local community colleges and senior citizen centers. If you have the time after retirement, definitely take advantage of all you can. Just be careful when you're attending those Kung Fu and Tai Chi classes! :p

C

chas_m

The offer ITSELF is only good until the end of the year, and as cloud-activated software goes its a pretty good one: frankly it's what Adobe SHOULD be charging for PS in the first place IMO, plus you get Lightroom as well, some 20GB of cloud storage and so forth.

Assuming you take up the offer, I would presume that the price is good for up to a year, after which you'll be charged the usual rate -- but Adobe haven't made that crystal clear yet.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are no promises (not that they would be worth much) but Adobe states in their FAQ that they have no intention of raising the price beyond the initial $9.99 a month.

My attitude is if they renege I still have CS6 stand-alone which should do me for some time.

EDIT: Thanks, Charlie. But at this stage in my life I would be more interested in a Chinese cooking class than in Martial Arts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
There are no promises (not that they would be worth much) but Adobe states in their FAQ that they have no intention of raising the price beyond the initial $9.99 a month.

My attitude is if they renege I still have CS6 stand-alone which should do me for some time.

EDIT: Thanks, Charlie. But at this stage in my life I would be more interested in a Chinese cooking class than in Martial Arts.

When you signed up, how was the process ? Like dod you sign up for 12 Months ? Or month by month you will be billed ??
Just curious to see if you can sign up for 2 yrs at that price ??

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think, "What have I got myself into?!!" :p

Yes I've thought the exact same thing every time I launch PS...and think that I'm going to try to teach myself (what have I gotten myself into).;)

Most of the full blown Adobe apps can have quite a learning curve...but I guess that's why they are so powerful & used by many professionals.:)

Good luck with the class if you decide to take it!:)

- Nick

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you signed up, how was the process ? Like dod you sign up for 12 Months ? Or month by month you will be billed ??
Just curious to see if you can sign up for 2 yrs at that price ??

Haven't signed up for CC yet. Bought CS6 from Amazon and installed it yesterday. The $9.99 Photographer CC package won't be available for sign up till later this month.

Yes I've thought the exact same thing every time I launch PS...and think that I'm going to try to teach myself (what have I gotten myself into).;)

Most of the full blown Adobe apps can have quite a learning curve...but I guess that's why they are so powerful & used by many professionals.:)

Good luck with the class if you decide to take it!:)

- Nick

Thanks.

Taking a class will probably have to wait on retirement, unless I can find one offered at night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP with SSD, i7 Quad Core Processor
Hi RavingMac,
I had PS7 for PC. When I switched to Mac, I bought PS CS6 for that platform. I bought the stand alone program, as I simply did not want to pay for a subscription just so I could get future updates. Also with the CC subscription, if you default on staying with program, you can still open photos or work you've done, but can no longer work on them, as your program is disabled. Of course you can always start your subscription again. I think that I can live with CS6 and no future updates. I use Photoshop for my own professional Photography business, but not in a corporate setting, so probably good enough for my needs.
Unkei

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.