Windows 7 Support Software Interruption Caused Corruption of Input Drivers

Reaction score
Hello all,

Here's a predicament for you: After recently installing Windows 7 OEM x64 Home Premium on my family's 21.5" Late 2012 iMac, using Bootcamp, I manually initiated the installation of the "windows support software" while in the Win environment. By a somewhat careless mistake, I shutdown the computer mid-installation. Our bluetooth keyboard and trackpad, and apple USB keyboard no longer function within the Windows OS. I'm trying to avoid uninstalling windows, but haven't conceived of a way to remedy the situation. The aforementioned devices still function fine when OS X Mountain Lion is booted. Please help, and I will revere your courage.

Adrian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you created the Windows driver support USB flash drive (download from Apple via the Boot Camp instructions) you should be able to reinstall the drivers. However, without a working keyboard this is not possible. As a work around, you can try this:

Any wired USB keyboard can be used while in Windows.... so, if you have an older USB wired keyboard, even a Windows keyboard, it can be used to reinstall the drivers. Once the drivers are installed, your wireless BT keyboard and trackpad will then function.

Also, this thread was moved to the correct forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.