iPhone 5 camera not focussing

Reaction score
I've had my I phone 5 since October and been really happy with it. I dropped it a few months ago and the bottom part, just below the home button cracked. This didn't effect the performance of the phone so was going to repair at a later date. I went away last weekend and was taking pics and videos fine then suddenly the camera wouldn't focus on anything but really close objects ie max 20cms away. It works fine when the camera is flipped round.

Because the screen is cracked at the bottom, is it still under warranty? Will they turn around and say that is the reason it's stopped focussing?

Thanks in advance people

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Because the screen is cracked at the bottom, is it still under warranty? Will they turn around and say that is the reason it's stopped focussing?

*shrug* We don't know. Apple is the only one who can give a definitive answer on that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

As you are aware, accidental damage is not covered unless you purchased the extra coverage from Apple when you purchased your iPhone new. Only Apple can determine if they'll repair it for free, but based on past experience, they may charge you and replace your phone with a refurbished one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.