PDA

View Full Version : Apple to offer 'iPhone 5S' in new gold color and 128GB storage option, insider says

OneMoreThing...
08-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Apple to offer 'iPhone 5S' in new gold color and 128GB storage option, insider says (http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/15/apples-iphone-5s-to-have-options-for-128gb-of-storage-gold-colored-shell)

Read more (http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/15/apples-iphone-5s-to-have-options-for-128gb-of-storage-gold-colored-shell)

TattooedMac
08-19-2013, 04:22 AM
And with the $1000 I'm Rich App, you will be all set to go . . . .

XJ-linux
08-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Whatever makes the current iP5 obsolete (and thus less expensive to buy used and contract free) is always a good thing in my book! ;)

vansmith
08-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Does anyone actually believe that Apple will release a gold coloured iPhone? I'm guessing that this is just the product of experimental die casting or some sort of template used in the production process.

Raz0rEdge
08-20-2013, 10:24 AM
I highly doubt the iPhone 5S will come in anything other than White and Black. The 5C might come in a variety of colors (not gold I imagine) to go along with the different colors of the iPod line..

RONE
08-20-2013, 03:26 PM
I highly doubt the iPhone 5S will come in anything other than White and Black. The 5C might come in a variety of colors (not gold I imagine) to go along with the different colors of the iPod line..

Agreed.

TattooedMac
08-20-2013, 09:11 PM

I still cant get my head around a cheaper iPhone when the 5s comes out, everything drops in price anyways. A coloured iPhone = iPod that can make calls ?!?!?!?

vansmith
08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
A coloured iPhone = iPod that can make calls ?!?!?!?Isn't that essentially what an iPhone is now? ;)

TattooedMac
08-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Isn't that essentially what an iPhone is now? ;)

Exactly so thats my point, why have a cheaper iPhone, and in what price bracket will it be. If anything, i have a feeling it could be for places like the US where its Contract only, and this now gives them the choice to buy outright. Correct me if im wrong for the US people please. OR for the poorer countries and they are trying to break into that market ??

Stretch
08-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Someone on App.Net posted it would be cool if it was an option to get the 5C with a data only plan much like an iPad. I like that idea, especially (but realistically this will never happen because US telecoms are greedy pigs) I could get it with a talk plan that fits my purposes, say 50 minutes a month, for the low cost of $5, or something like that.

chscag
08-20-2013, 11:25 PM
@Brent:

There are quite a few independent carriers that now offer a pay as you go plan for the iPhone. (no contract) I've even found one that's compatible with the Verizon iPhone. Most, however, use the GSM model (AT&T, T-Mobile). The only problem with those carriers are that unless you're local to them, your phone calls will be spotty. It's getting better which is why I can see Apple offering a cheaper iPhone.

RONE
08-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Exactly so thats my point, why have a cheaper iPhone, and in what price bracket will it be. If anything, i have a feeling it could be for places like the US where its Contract only, and this now gives them the choice to buy outright. Correct me if im wrong for the US people please. OR for the poorer countries and they are trying to break into that market ??

I just read a study earlier today that iphone users, in comparison to Samsung users, tend to be younger, smarter, and wealthier. IF the cheaper version is released, it would make sense that they are trying to compete in a different demographic.