Not using the mouse MS Outlook problem

Reaction score
I'm making a concentrated effort to NOT use the mouse as much as possible and all I can say is Spotlight is awesome. If you're new to Mac OS, learn to use Spotlight immediately.

One problem is with MS Outlook. Command-Tab will show Outlook with the red badge displaying unread mail. But in order to open the window I need to control-F2, right arrow to "File", down arrow to "New", right arrow then down all the way to "Open New Main Window" and hit "return".

It's actually easier to use the mouse unless any savvy Mac OS users know a secret.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Have a look at Alfred, much better than spotlight

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
One problem is with MS Outlook. Command-Tab will show Outlook with the red badge displaying unread mail. But in order to open the window I need to control-F2, right arrow to "File", down arrow to "New", right arrow then down all the way to "Open New Main Window" and hit "return".
You can solve this by simply minimizing the main window and then, when "Command Tabbing" to it, hold down option before you let go of the command key.

M

MacInWin

I'm making a concentrated effort to NOT use the mouse ...CLIP...

It's actually easier to use the mouse unless any savvy Mac OS users know a secret.
Just curious, why avoid the mouse? OSX is a GUI-based O/S, and is designed for mouse/trackpad. Avoiding the pointing devices is a little like buying a bicycle and then avoiding pedaling it whenever possible. Possible to do, but inefficient.;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.