monitor and print out always look different in photoshop

M

mac

I can never get the right print out from photoshop. The colors are always off.
The color on screen is always different from the print out.
What is the correct way to print out from photoshop?
What settings do I chose in photoshop.
I use a Canon Pixma ip8500 printer.

I need either a book or a program to explain to me how to get the correct color prints from photoshop.

Please help

Corey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
You should also be using the printer profile for the paper you are using for best results

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Your biggest problem is using the right color profile in your documents, if you have a profile for your printer use that. If not, there are some good color profiles to use when printing. If you are using CMYK (you should be if you are printing, unless you have a RGB printer) a good color profile is U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2. Somebody will probably say something else, but I use this profile and have had great results. If you are using RGB, sRGB IEC61966-2.1. I never use RGB if im printing so I cant tell you how good this works. Other than that, calibrate your monitor and try these color profiles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.