ordered to play

Reaction score
i use my flash drive to play music on my truck stereo. problem is i havent found a way to set the order i want to listen to them. i see that it will put the newest songs to the end but there are two new songs that i put on that wont switch places. the one i want to play first always plays second. i even put the one i wanted to play last in the trash and ejected the flash drive and reloaded it put it puts it in front of the one i want to play second. ay thoughts on this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They're probably being ordered up alphabetically rather than the sequence you placed them in. What I do is place a number in front of the song I wish to have play first and so on...

Example:

1Oh Happy Day
2Rag Time Gang
3Always Be Mine

Not a very elegant way to do it but it works (for me at least).

OP
H
Reaction score
it not doing it alphabetically. if i have 50 songs on it and a week later i add 5, it will but the five at the end of the 50. i can try putting a number in front and see what happens.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thinking again about what you wrote in your first post.... it may in fact be the way the songs are being copied to the flash drive. In other words, the order in which they're copied from iTunes to the flash drive. Give the numbering a try but in your case I'm not so sure that will work. You may have to erase the flash drive and copy them again in the order you want them to play.

OP
H
Reaction score
i tried that. removed the song i wanted to have play second and trashed it. unplugged the flash drive and plugged it into my stereo. then plugged it back into my computer and added the song back, still it put it in front of the song i wanted to play last. isnt going to hurt to give the number placement a try.

OP
H
Reaction score
well i checked to see what these two songs had, one had 05 and the other had 333, they still played at the end of the songs i had installed, i think the flash drive automatically puts all new song at the end no matter what number they have, but i changed the number on the one with 05 to 334, and that did it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.