PDA

View Full Version : what to buy

hotrod351
07-09-2013, 11:37 AM
spouse will be starting to drive the big rigs cross country and will need a computer for the road, must be wireless and be able to play usb flash drives. seems there are so many different models out here. what would be a good choice, like i said, mainly watch movies and surf the internet.

Raz0rEdge
07-09-2013, 11:49 AM
A Macbook Air should serve your needs well. It has wireless and USB support and the battery life that allows it to go for long in between charges..

iggibar
07-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Is there a certain screen size, storage amount, portability size you're looking for? The 13" MBAir sounds best from my point of view. If that is too small for movies, I would look for a refurbished 15" MBP. The 15" will be nice for movies due to larger screen and the dedicated graphics card will also be better with some videos. I would look at a refurbished model if the price difference was substantial. There doesn't seem to be that much of a difference between a new/refurbished Air. It's a toss up between those two, with the Air winning only due to lower price. I would want the 15" if I were in your position.

hotrod351
07-09-2013, 12:30 PM
thats what i was leaning towards, the mac book air. well there not cheap. doesnt seem there are to many 15" units used. what about a macpro laptop.