Delete Multiple contacts

Reaction score
Delete Duplicate contacts

Okay so I went from an iphone to an htc one then back to an iphone 5. Now in this process I my icloud has managed to triple every contact I have 1 being facebook contact, 1 being htc contact, and 1 being an actual contact with a phone number ( the other two just have contact name and maybe a picture). How do I delete all the contacts with no phone number attached to them instead of going through each individually because theres 1253 contacts......

C

chas_m

You can sign into iCloud through a web browser and delete the extra contacts manually.

If you're on a Mac, I'd say go your Contacts (formerly called Address Book) app, make a smart group with only those addresses that do NOT have a phone number and then delete those (or use the built-in duplicates finder). That should leave you with only contacts that do have a phone number. You then force a sync to iCloud, replacing the contents there with your local Mac Contacts. Change iTunes (with the iPhone 5 connected) to use only iCloud syncing for contacts, not local). Either of those methods should get rid of the problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.