Saving iphone notes to a usb flash drive

Reaction score
Is there a non-jailbreak way to connect a usb flash drive to my iphone and save a file to it? Then, to open said file on a laptop.

I know I can email notes, dropbox etc, just looking for a way to do it when I'm not on a network for whatever reason.

Also, I don't want to try to sync a strange computer to my phone in itunes.

On a iphone 4GS with ios 6.1.3.

Thanks in advance

C

chas_m

As the iPhone doesn't have a USB port -- and you can't put one on it that would be used in the way you're hoping -- the answer is no. I agree you should avoid trying to sync your iPhone to a different computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 iMac I7 3.4, 1 TB Fusion, 2 gigs Video, 24 gigs Ram, Yosemite 10.10.2
Reading the reviews on Amazon of the i-FlashDrive, it should do what you're wanting. However, I would do a little more homework about the adapters you would need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
To be totally honest, IMHO this is a bloody expensive way, and really un needed in todays techie world. It seems quite legit, and $309 for the 64GB WOW. Do you really need to take notes and put them on something like that to open on a computer to start with ?? Really. Notes are notes and can't do much with them at all, if you wanted it pro say Pages Documents i could understand, but for yellow sticky notes ?? Just not sure if its worth the $80 odd for it, but them again, I'm not you.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
When - how often - would you not be on a network with an iPhone - either wifi or cellular?

OP
S
Reaction score
When - how often - would you not be on a network with an iPhone - either wifi or cellular?

Not so much that the phone will be off network... the pc that I will need to share the txt file with would typically be off network. That's why a hardware solution is preferred.

OP
S
Reaction score
To be totally honest, IMHO this is a bloody expensive way, and really un needed in todays techie world. It seems quite legit, and $309 for the 64GB WOW. Do you really need to take notes and put them on something like that to open on a computer to start with ?? Really. Notes are notes and can't do much with them at all, if you wanted it pro say Pages Documents i could understand, but for yellow sticky notes ?? Just not sure if its worth the $80 odd for it, but them again, I'm not you.

In a situation where I need a hardware solution for sharing a document file - text only - with a laptop computer. This is needed more often than not in a hotel meeting/banquet room where cell phone service is often poor. I need to create a text document on a device (iphone preferred for siri dictation capabilities) and share it in a timely manner with another mac that may or may not be on a network.

Been asked to bring a laptop to create the file to share, but I don't want to travel around the country with a laptop (I'm trying to travel light) JUST to perform this relatively simple operation. If it works, $80 might be worth it. Just trying to weigh my options.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.