PDA

View Full Version : Is Apple fixing there Awful iOS 7 Apps . . . .

TattooedMac
06-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Apple website mistake reveals alternative iOS 7 icons, with tweaks to Weather, Passbook, and more (Update: removed) (http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/14/apple-website-mistake-reveals-alternate-ios-7-icons-with-tweaks-to-weather-passbook-and-more/)

Phil Schiller previously noted on Twitter that showing live weather on the iOS home screen would “waste battery,” but this is an improvement Apple has been working on for some time.

Dysfunction
06-16-2013, 02:29 PM
I agree, live weather would be cool... but since the entire app sucks, I'd rather not have it poll continuously... there are enough battery suckers in iOS in the first place.

Chris H.
06-17-2013, 03:23 PM
I like the looks of the new weather app, but to say you can't have a live temp there on the icon (or any other weather icon if we want to go that far) while the clock spins around…it's kind of baloney.

Dysfunction
06-17-2013, 03:28 PM
I like the looks of the new weather app, but to say you can't have a live temp there on the icon (or any other weather icon if we want to go that far) while the clock spins around…it's kind of baloney.

you can, but then you have constant data polling via either LTE or wifi along with GPS... that'll suck battery rapidly..