PDA

View Full Version : Apple introduces new MacBook Airs at WWDC 2013

OneMoreThing...
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Apple introduces new MacBook Airs at WWDC 2013 (http://www.tuaw.com/2013/06/10/apple-introduces-new-macbook-airs-at-wwdc-2013/)

Read more (http://www.tuaw.com/2013/06/10/apple-introduces-new-macbook-airs-at-wwdc-2013/)

CrimsonRequiem
06-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Meh I missed the first part of the stream and missed this part. I'm kind of disappointed. Was hoping for Mac OSX tablet. >_<" Looks like Microsoft might see some of my money. >_>"

chscag
06-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm actually impressed with the new 11" Air but I would definitely opt for the 256GB SSD rather than the standard 128GB. Any idea of what the new Intel Haswell integrated GPU is? (I know what the CPU is but no mention of the graphics.)

orfew
06-12-2013, 02:35 AM
I'm actually impressed with the new 11" Air but I would definitely opt for the 256GB SSD rather than the standard 128GB. Any idea of what the new Intel Haswell integrated GPU is? (I know what the CPU is but no mention of the graphics.)

I was also impressed with the new MacBook Air. I have a 2012 11" Air with 8GB Ram and the 128GB SSD but I might just have to upgrade. I will probably get the 512 GB SSD. I am liking the sound of the extended battery life, improved wifi and the faster flash.

CanuckBoater
06-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Really enjoying my Macbook Air.

With these improvements, would buy a Mac Air in a heartbeat if looking.

wvans82
06-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Just ordered my new macbook air last night. 13" 256 SSD, upgraded to I7 and 8 GB of RAM. Can't wait!

TattooedMac
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Meh I missed the first part of the stream and missed this part. I'm kind of disappointed. Was hoping for Mac OSX tablet. >_<" Looks like Microsoft might see some of my money. >_>"

:Shouting: WHAT !!!!!! You know thats never going to happen. Or in the near future anyways. The iPad/Mini that i have, i can do what ever i need to on it, that i can do on my Mac, and have found Apps to do just that, with DropBox and iCloud, I'm set :)

Same here. Im actually thinking of heading up to the 13.3" MBA over my MBP on my next upgrade. Im always impressed by my girls 13" MBA and always saying to her "Its just so light" and now with 12 hrs battery . . . . Im bought :)

rainbowcat
06-16-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm one ticked customer - just bought a new MacBook Air 3 weeks ago (at an Apple store) and there was no mention of a new one coming out. I love my Air, but seems the new one has more for $200 less!
Rant over.

pigoo3
06-16-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm one ticked customer - just bought a new MacBook Air 3 weeks ago (at an Apple store) and there was no mention of a new one coming out. I love my Air, but seems the new one has more for $200 less!
Rant over.

This sort of thing happens all the time. The ONLY way to avoid it...is to delay purchasing the computer you want until a new model is just released...then you buy.

Of course in some cases waiting is unavoidable (need the computer now!). If you could have waited...then you were in control of your own destiny!;)

Me...I never buy new anymore. So I never have this problem!:)

- Nick

Groovetube
06-16-2013, 04:34 PM
ha ha. This has happened to me many many times.

In fact, the best barometer of when to buy, is not, when I bought something. Wait. ;)

CanuckBoater
06-17-2013, 01:08 AM
We've also learned to 'wait' for the new announcements when buying new.

The Apple product information pipeline has been accurate.

Sorry to hear about your 3 week old purchase. It's a great machine, nonetheless

rainbowcat
07-05-2013, 01:01 PM
This sort of thing happens all the time. The ONLY way to avoid it...is to delay purchasing the computer you want until a new model is just released...then you buy.

Of course in some cases waiting is unavoidable (need the computer now!). If you could have waited...then you were in control of your own destiny!;)

Me...I never buy new anymore. So I never have this problem!:)

- Nick

Amazingly, the Apple Store let me exchange it, as the display on mine was defective, so I now have the new Macbook Air! Am most pleased!

orfew
07-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Just finished setting up my new Mac Air 13.3. I have a 10.6 from 2012 which is now in the hands of my wife. I went with the 1.7 I5 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD. This sucker is lightening fast. I am looking forward to the 12 hour battery life.

CanuckBoater
07-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Amazingly, the Apple Store let me exchange it, as the display on mine was defective, so I now have the new Macbook Air! Am most pleased!

That's great news! And some amazing customer service.