tp link TL-WPS510U

Reaction score
hi,

i just got a print server. its a TP Link TL-WPS510U.

i connected it to an epson stylus photo 1390. i was able to install and configure the print server and it actually shows the printer name in its set up screen. the printer driver is installed on my macbook pro running 10.5.8 and a mac mini running 10.6.8. on my macbook, i get a communication error and another error in the mac mini.

hope to get some help on this.

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro Retina 15", iMac 27" K5
Hallo,
i tried to connect a new Print Server TL-WPS510U (about 70 SFR) to a 15" Macbook Pro Retina Mod. 2014 in connection with the Canon Printer Pixma 6700 D (the reason for keeping it i refill the cartriges by myself) but don't know how i can make get it work with it. The printer is working very well by connecting with the USB cable but i'd like to use it wireless. Is there someone to help me? Thank you very much in advance for any help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't know if it would work with your set up, but we used handyPrint™ very successfully with our Canon PIXMA non-wireless printer that enabled wireless printing to it From our verious network Macs and iDevices (iPads and iPhones):
Netputing >> handyPrint v5

I believe they still have a free demo trial available.

PS: I did not use or need any print server.

I can't recall completely, but I don't think wireless printing was available with the printer that was actually connected to the printer sharing Mac via USB, but maybe it was.

Give it a try and see.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.