PDA

View Full Version : Apple's iWatch to come in late 2014 with focus on biometrics, analyst says

OneMoreThing...
05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Apple's iWatch to come in late 2014 with focus on biometrics, analyst says (http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/05/22/apples-iwatch-to-come-in-late-2014-with-focus-on-biometrics-analyst-says)

Read more (http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/05/22/apples-iwatch-to-come-in-late-2014-with-focus-on-biometrics-analyst-says)

vansmith
05-22-2013, 09:24 PM
This rumour just won't die, will it?

MAC_dogg
05-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Rumor or not, I cannot wait to get my hands (or should I say wrists) on one of these. Expecting an elegant and highly functional modern twist on the age-old watch ! Thanks for the link.

dtravis7
05-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Are you sure it's just a rumor?

vansmith
05-28-2013, 09:07 PM
People have been speculating about this since August of last year before iOS 6, suggesting that its BT 4.0 features somehow made the rumour credible. Nearly nine months later, we still have nothing beyond "Apple might be building a smart watch." I'm going to go with "not going to happen."

TattooedMac
05-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Im not going to read the LINK and this could be in it, but Apples latest Advert has a man tapping on a table with a not of this world watch on, and the article leans towards "Is this a hint maybe for WWDC" but i tend not to believe it. Even though the watch looked like a watch with a big square face and Holographic looking face ??? Nahhhh

chscag
05-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Are you sure you didn't mean to say your iPod Nano can be worn as a watch? You need a pretty big wrist to wear a mini Dennis! :P

CrimsonRequiem
05-28-2013, 09:39 PM
I actually might get it if it looks cool enough. >_<"

XJ-linux
05-28-2013, 10:13 PM
I'll stick with my Tag Heuer, thank you. 20 years and it's never needed a firmware update. Anyhow... biometrics freaks me out more than the Cloud. No thanks.

vansmith
05-28-2013, 11:11 PM
I'll stick with my Tag Heuer, thank you. 20 years and it's never needed a firmware update. Anyhow... biometrics freaks me out more than the Cloud. No thanks.Agreed. The Fossil watch I own will more than meet my needs. After all, it's a watch - it does the job, looks nice and for everything else, I have a smartphone.

CrimsonRequiem
05-29-2013, 03:04 AM
Agreed. The Fossil watch I own will more than meet my needs. After all, it's a watch - it does the job, looks nice and for everything else, I have a smartphone.

I have one watch that I got for my 15th birthday, and that's the only watch that I own. I hate that I have to keep changing the batteries on it.

So I just put it away and use my Phone as my watch. I keep finding myself bring up my wrist to look at the time out of habit though. It's nice to have accessories. XD

vansmith
05-29-2013, 11:20 AM
I have one watch that I got for my 15th birthday, and that's the only watch that I own. I hate that I have to keep changing the batteries on it.Really? Hmmm, I've had my current watch for years (I can't remember exactly when I got it but it was many years ago) and I've only had to replace the batteries once.

CrimsonRequiem
05-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Really? Hmmm, I've had my current watch for years (I can't remember exactly when I got it but it was many years ago) and I've only had to replace the batteries once.

I think I have to change it like every 3 to 5 years?

TattooedMac
05-30-2013, 12:16 AM
I think I have to change it like every 3 to 5 years?

In your previous post it sound like you needed to change them every 6 months, but 3-5 yrs is so bad is it ?? lol

CrimsonRequiem
05-30-2013, 12:23 AM
In your previous post it sound like you needed to change them every 6 months, but 3-5 yrs is so bad is it ?? lol

That's still too frequent to me. XD

AliOop
05-30-2013, 11:28 AM
I'll stick to my good old Timex thank you very much. "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking." Besides, at $32 bucks you can't beat the price.

infocusinc
05-30-2013, 08:27 PM
I love my Tag, but my favorites are all Citizen Eco Drives. Never a battery to change, and changing a battery in a Tag is expensive.

I wear a Timex for work but I'm a watch-a-holic otherwise :)

MAC_dogg
05-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Agreed. The Fossil watch I own will more than meet my needs. After all, it's a watch - it does the job, looks nice and for everything else, I have a smartphone.

Just to play a little devil's advocate....By this logic, you would have never needed your smart phone in the first place. That trusty touch-pad Nokia makes calls just fine !

infocusinc
05-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Business Insider on a future iWatch

Apple's 'iWatch' Will Be A Huge Hit - Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/apples-iwatch-will-be-a-huge-hit-2013-5)

Dysfunction
05-31-2013, 07:13 AM
I love my Tag, but my favorites are all Citizen Eco Drives. Never a battery to change, and changing a battery in a Tag is expensive.

I wear a Timex for work but I'm a watch-a-holic otherwise :)

Yep, I also have much love now for my Eco Drive. For the same reasons (and changing a battery on a dive watch is generally a painful exercise.. not that I rely on the watch for diving but.... )

vansmith
05-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Just to play a little devil's advocate....By this logic, you would have never needed your smart phone in the first place. That trusty touch-pad Nokia makes calls just fine !Fair enough but a smartphone created a space that didn't exist - on the go computing. What does a "smartwatch" offer that doesn't already exist?

dtravis7
05-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Fair enough but a smartphone created a space that didn't exist - on the go computing. What does a "smartwatch" offer that doesn't already exist?

On the go computing with a screen so small your eyes cry out in protest and pain! :D

drlikme
06-03-2013, 03:59 AM
To be honest, all these 'business analysts' don't really have a glue what's up at Apple, do they? While there might have been some good recent hints for upcoming products, most of them I read are bullsh. because they don't know / understand Apple's core principles.

CebuCity
06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Battery life is the biggest challenge. Nobody would want to charge at least 10 times a week.