• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The KickStarter Projects I'm Backing and others

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
First and foremost, i in no way have a affiliation with this, BUT i do think its the coolest thing since Kool Aide.
The idea, is to draw a 5 Level game on special gridded paper. Take a picture of it and with the iPhone/iPad/Mini. The App magically turns it into a game for you to play. After testing, you go ahead and design it the way you want it to look.
This is called Pixel Press and you can check it out on KickStarter Pixel Press: Draw Your Own Video Game by Robin @ Roundthird — Kickstarter.

This is such a brilliant concept and who knows where it will go. Updates there will be monsters, enemies and so on.
I have backed this as a Beta Tester and my 9 yr old son is drawing up his game, but i thought i would share, because i now there would be a lot out there that like the old Pixel Games and have the option to make your own and upload it to the website (just like they do in mine craft) and have others download it, comment, and play your game is thrilling.

Well really i backed it for my son, as he is good with Mac's and wants to make his own games and this may be the stepping stone he needs for a kick lol

Anyway, have a look at the video at the top of the page, and that explains everything.
Hope you enjoy, and even give a bloke a break and a Startup that he might need :)

Brent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
That is really cool. Good for you supporting your son's interests like that! I don't quite have the imagination for drawing/designing a game, but it's definitely a cool idea.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well I'm going to continue to put up Projects i have backed on Kickstarter.com, firstly someone else might find them good and secondly to give members a idea into Me as a person lol

Here is the latest i have backed, called A bite of Me and this one basically gives you a App and a Chrome Browser Ext for you to Track what you do through the day, like mouse movements, pages you visit, places you go, how long you spend on line and so on. Here is the Link A bite of Me by Federico Zannier — Kickstarter

I have backed the $25 Pledge solely for the App and Extension for myself. Not really interested in His data, bout will be cool to look through.

And you need to check this out actually as well, his mouse travelled over 2 Miles 267 Yards in one months worth of internet usage My Privacy Info and just scroll down the page to see the magic :)

The data bundle contains:

WebPages (a folder with downloaded text of each visited web page)
websiteViewsLog.csv (a list of visited web pages with references to downloaded text files)
ScreenCaptures (a folder with screen shots)
screenCaptures.csv (a list of screenshot with timestamp)
WebcamPhotos (a folder with webcam photos taken every 30 seconds)
webcamPhotos.csv (a list of photos with timestamp)
applicationLog.csv (open and close time of used applications)
applicationUsage.csv (summary of application log)
browserTabs.csv (open and close time and content of opened tabs in Chrome)
browserWindows.csv (open and close time of Chrome sessions)
geolocation.csv (my latitude and longitude)
mouseLog.csv (mouse coordinates in pixels)
websiteOfTheDay.csv (most popular websites)
wordsOfTheDay.csv (most common searches)

The tools suite contains:

data cleansing routines
conversion and parsing utilities
basic statistical tools

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well just really a forever online update for myself, but i ended up winning a design cometition for the Pixel Press Project i backed and now my Level Designs will forever be in the Game as the 11th Initial Level that gets shipped with the Game on the App Store. I also get a special character designed for just me to use and play with :) woot woot
Quite a achievement for me i think and has made me happy. Had some input from my 9yr old boy, but yea the Project is funded and will now go ahead.
They are set up at E3 if anyone is going so check em out.

My winning design below, but its not the final design as i have some tweaks to add, since the Dev released more info about the gameplay after the comp started and i had submitted my Level

Winning Design.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I also get a special character designed for just me to use and play with woot woot

Hey, congratulations Brent! Your level looks real challenging. Now how about something simple for the simple folks like me? :p

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
<<<<<< Is a Ninja Character

Hey, congratulations Brent! Your level looks real challenging. Now how about something simple for the simple folks like me? :p

HAHA Thanks Charlie :)

They have whole School classes submitting levels and i have see a few and they are quite simple, so i think you will be ok :p

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well i love my Photography from my iPhone 5 and i recently backed yet another project on KickStarter and this is for the Micro Phone Lens : Cell Phone Based Microscope ~ KickStarter.
This little lens is ingenious as the adhesive is incorporated into the lens, so if it gets dirty, then all you need to do is wash and re-attach. It has a Base Zoom at 15x and Max Zoom at 60x with the cameras zoom capabilities. Quite cheap at $15 so i ordered 2 for me and the missus and will be ready end Sept early Oct.

The bloke is making them himself to keep quality control at a all time high, but with the Macro lense i already have, im going to have fun with this.

I just like sharing :)

RpIDfmb.jpg

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
While I'm here, i also backed The Tile App ~ Former KickStarter which initially was a KickStarter project. It went so well they are now taking orders on the site ^^
What this is, is a App that connects to a Tile Square, White and small. I have 5 coming and you connect to them individually.
Once connected you put them in your Purse, on your Bike, In the Car, Attached to your keys, in your Wallet or on your Phone, and while your in the vicinity of it 250yards or the range of Bluetooth you can find one and the lost phone you couldnt find, because it was on silent.

What makes this stand out above the rest, is your Tile can be picked up from someone else that has the Tile App. You press a button and make that tile as LOST and the word goes out to everyone else with the App, and if they come within range of it, it will send you a message, saying its been found, and the coordinates of it, and a map reference, so now you know where that stolen bike or iPhone that is lost is and you can then track it.

I like it anyways and thats why i backed it :)

0MCzIRg.jpg

EDIT : I took my pledge away from the A Bite of Me Project in Post #3 as i though what a waste as im really not interested in movements when i can get stats from Apps i already have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
At first the Tile looked awesome, then I looked into it more and decided it was worthless junk. It has a battery, not removable, not rechargeable, not replaceable. It's designed as a disposable object to fill our landfills and waste money on. Every year they want you to spend another $20 to get a new one.

It's a great business model for the company and it's investors, but it is a horrible product for everyone else.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At first the Tile looked awesome, then I looked into it more and decided it was worthless junk. It has a battery, not removable, not rechargeable, not replaceable. It's designed as a disposable object to fill our landfills and waste money on. Every year they want you to spend another $20 to get a new one.

It's a great business model for the company and it's investors, but it is a horrible product for everyone else.

Yea i thought the same, but at the end of the day, if that 1 tile finds my Phone, or keys for that matter so im not late for work and saves my job, i saw it as a good investment.
I live in a town with a population of 5500 people and it would take me 1/2 hour to drive the streets, so if my sons bike got stolen, if the Missus Bag got nicked or the Car got broken into, it wouldnt take me long to find where it is.
The beauty of a small town and because of that, and other reasons is what lent me towards to purchase, and as a early backer was all the more cheaper. . . . .

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I should update this, as i have backed quite a few in the last 4 months.

First one is Swatch Mate which is a little device, that you sit on, and it will grab the colour and output it in any way you want. RGB, Hex and so on. We hit some stretch goals, and it will be a light meter for Photography (will come in handy), Carry Case and a Thermometer. We just missed out on Wireless charging, but they think they can get it in for us :)
SwatchMate Color Capturing Cube I picked the Ninja Black version Stealthy . . . .

lEyCDC4.jpg

Next is Air Strap which is a wider padded comfortable strap for holding your Camera. As well i went the $100 Pledge getting Laptop Bag Strap, and C-Loop Connector and the M-Plate for my RC2 Manfrotto 290Head. We hit the stretch goals so we also get a hand Strap for easy shooting as well :)
OsQXctv.jpg
tbssRHk.jpg

Realised this list and page will get long so I'm just going to throw in the Links and if you want to look you can, remembering most of these products, being funded will have a web page to go to to pre order :)

CAZLET Wallet i Backed the #9

EveryDisk I backed the $100 so i could get Life Subscriptions to Air Login and EveryDisk. This is from Avatron who brings us Air Login, Air Display and Air Sharing . . . Great Apps all of them.

JUMP ~ The simplest ideas are the best: Cable + Battery + Intelligent Circuitry = JUMP. The first charging solution that fits your lifestyle. A Recharge Cable as well as Extra battery life for when your away from a Recharge place. Just got a single JUMP on this one.

MaxStone ~ iPhone your Camera Is a device to remotely use your DSLR from your iPhone for a multitude of settings. I backed the KickStarter Green version.

HiddenRadio2 A new Mac Pro looking Speaker and its 100% better than their Original HiddenRadio. It is also the simplest most advanced wireless Multi Speaker for iPhone, iPad + Android ever in compact form. Touch the cap to elevate your sound! And use it as a Wireless hands free Mic for phone calls. This thing is sexy . . .
YgeK8m8.jpg

Now another different type of iPhone Charger Called PopCord ~ Unforgotten Keyring
COc6KuP.jpg

And last but not least is The Long Dark Which is a Game that is about Survival in Northern Canada after the world goes Dark, but NO Zombies in this one. It has people from WarHammer, Far Cry, Mass Effect, League of Legends, Knights of the Old Republic, God of War 1-3, LA Noire and Red Faction have all come together and made The Hinterland Studio. I backed the Alpha, Beta Version. They have a Forum and its exciting seeing this game come together. Im really looking forward to this one . . .

And thats about it for now lol :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Well just really a forever online update for myself, but i ended up winning a design cometition for the Pixel Press Project........

You can tell I am an old school gamer.. That looks fun!

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here is another one that i have backed, and I'm solo hoping it gets funded, as this will bring a new perspective into the photography, especially into the Portraits.
I encourage people to go have a look, (if your a photographer) and help a fellow enthusiast to get his dream off the ground :)
Without further ado i present the Fractal Filters: Creative filters to enhance photography!

If you love capturing artistic images or videos I believe you will find Fractal Filters incredibly exciting. I am absolutely thrilled about this product and believe you will be too.

Capturing the world around us through photo and video is one of the most artistically free forms of expressions we have as humans. Equipped with this insight, I found it strange there has been a lack of reliable tools that help us visually represent these situation in an artistically free-form, non-conventional way. That's why I created the Fractal Filter.

aELMjds.jpg

But i really love what this filter can do, Superimposing without the tricks !!!

DgWZ9Gh.jpg

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.